Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An Interview with Newbery Medalist Patricia MacLachlan

Last week my third graders began a unit on Skylark in their classrooms for Foundation and Frameworks.  (They do Sarah Plain and Tall in the second grade.)

I have seen an interview with Patricia MacLachlan earlier this year on the Blog---Watch. Connect. Read
I saved the interview in my You Tube account and we watched it yesterday.  The third graders loved it.  (So did I!)  They loved learning why she wrote, seeing where she wrote and hearing the stories behind her books.  Thank you for sharing it with me.


PS--I got observed by a member of the Accreditation team visiting my school while we were watching the interview.  My observer loved  it too--and was impressed that I knew what was going on in third grade and could supplement their reading curriculum during  library.  

PSS--every book written by Patricia MacLachlan was checked out by the end of the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment